Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Monday, March 19, 2012

We are the Best Friends that Anyone Could Have

     So I decided that today I am going to blog about the importance of friendship in your life. Everyone needs friends. We may say that we are loners or that we can survive on our own, but it simply isn't true. The fact is, interactions are necessary. Our friends, and even our acquaintances, are our support system. And without a support system we cannot survive. Could your heart survive without your ribs? I think not! The reason for your ribcage is there is to protect the vital organs within. Similarly, your friends protect you from the world. The true ones are there for you in good times and bad. They are there to hold you through the storms, dance with you in the rain, and laugh with you in the sunshine.
     I know it can be hard to let your walls down and trust someone, but hey...take a walk on the wild side and do something different for a change. Be a friend. Make a difference. Trust me, I know walls. In fact, some would call me the queen of walls. But even I have learned that sometimes the walls are best knocked down. Trust is important. Trust is the vital organs of friendship, and the actions of that special person is the ribcage. Those actions protect the trust that is so dear to us. But what is trust? I say it is unconditionally believing that someone wants the best for you and would do anything to achieve that, but everyone has their own definition. Anywhoozers...back to walls. For years I have built up walls to certain people and have even built up walls in general BECAUSE of certain people. Very few peole break through those walls, but the ones who do I am glad of. You guys know who you are :)
     Without my friends I would not be where I am today. A shout out to some of the closest ones: even if we do not talk every day or see each other often...I love you and you are my best friends. Some that I cannot go without mentioning are to be listed below and if you aren't here it does not mean you are not appreciated. Harley, you are my rock and my soul mate. The past two years of living with you has been the best experience of my life. We have grown together and experienced so much. I swear we are going to grow up to have families yet continue to live together. Inseparable. Andy, you are my best friend and I love you so much. I know we have had some rough patches lately, but that does not change my thoughts of you. You have been there for me through so much and I cannot thank you enough. I'm sorry and I love you. Devin, I met you way back in third grade and even though we were separated for a few years, we came back together as if we hadn't spent any time apart and now I consider you one of my best friends. Not only are you there for me unconditionally, but you have introduced me to an entirely new group of best friends. For that I cannot thank you enough. Which, brings me to Ryan. Even though I have only known you a couple months now, I am closer to you than I am with some of my friends that I have known for years. You have helped me through some rough times lately and I am so thankful for you. You can always brighten my day and I hope that never changes. You know I am here for you no matter what you need. Next, I want to mention my little sister Alyssa. Even though we may bicker and be at each others throats sometimes, our friendship never fades. I love you so much and I am so proud of who you are becoming. Family first, always. Love you sistahhcuzz. Lastly, Sarah and Tim. You guys are the brother and sister I never had, but always wanted. Yes, the way we met and the story in between then and now is a little twisted, but hey...when have we ever been normal? :) I am so thankful to have you and your family a part of my life and I hope that never changes. I miss you all so much. What I wouldn't give for a random drive stalking past the houses we know. Give Livi Bug a hug and kiss from Aunt Ashley!

     There is so many other people that I want to mention, but this would be a book by the end of my list, so I am going to stop now. The moral of this post...let your walls fall down and love a little. It's worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment