Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Hear Wedding Bells

For those of you who have the pleasure of knowing myself or my boyfriend, you will know that we are pretty serious. In fact, we have already talked about moving in together, getting engaged, getting married, having kids,etc. We want the whole life together. Anyways, a big thing that has been on my mind since diagnosis was my wedding day. There is so much that can go wrong with a wedding, and throwing diabetes into the mix just adds more stress. I have two main concerns when it comes to my wedding day concerning diabetes.

Concern #1: What if I'm having a bad diabetes day? Every diabetic knows that there are some good days and some bad days. I am scared out of my mind that on my wedding day I am going to have out of control blood sugars, bad pump site, or other diabetic issues. I am also petrified that as I am at the altar with Andrew, my sugar will go low and I will have to stop to drink juice. HOW EMBARRASSING! However, I know if something of the sort did happen, Andrew would understand and would shrug it off like nothing happened.

Concern #2: Where to put my insulin pump? Well, let's just say I have been doing a lot of thinking and I will be having pockets on my wedding dress. I am not dealing with leg straps and I am most certainly not going off my pump for a day. Bad experiences last time I did that with prom.

Anyways, some of my fears have been worked out. I still fear that dreaded low at the altar, but hey...life goes on.

-Ash

2 comments:

  1. For the whole wedding experience, check out Six Until Me. She talks about her wedding, and having children with Type 1 Diabetes. Here's her blog. Hope it helps you, because I too have worried about that dreaded day when it's supposed to be happiness, and yet I'm worrying about whether or not I'm going to be counting my carbs on my wedding day, how much insulin to take/where to wear my pump and what not.

    http://sixuntilme.com/blog2/2011/05/weddednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I will for sure check it out.

    ReplyDelete