Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trying New Things

Sometimes you "normal" people just need to realize that us diabetics are scared to try new things. I, for example, am scared to do things in which I would not be able to tell what my blood sugar is such as drink, which you shouldn't do anyways, or go skydiving, cause I mean who's gonna check their sugar while falling out of a plane. But the one thing that I am afraid to do that I deal with on a day to day basis is try new food because if I don't like it then I either have to deal with it and shove it down my throat cause I need the carbs or order something new. It's a pain. And people don't understand what it feels like to NEED a certain amount of food or just be able to just push it aside if you don't like it.

I just had a fight with my dad where he was screaming at me for never trying new food and eating only the things I like. Well sorry dad. Try being diabetic for a day and you'll see what I mean. Usually my dad is pretty understanding, but sometimes he can just make me mad. I mean be a little understanding. It's also hard because if you are unsure of the carb amount, you don't know how much insulin to take! That's another reason I stick to my favorites because I know the information.

To all of you out there who don't like my eating habits. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I don't forsee it changing anytime soon...unless of course you would like to give me a fund for all of the second meals I may have to buy due to not liking the first I chose that was "out of my comfort zone".

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment