Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Airport Security Matters

In the poll I conducted on my blog page, most of you said you have never been patted down in an airport. Lucky for you. I have only been on an airplane trip once and I was patted down both times I got on the plane. Diabetics have it hard when it comes to traveling. I understand why they have to take the precautions, but it feels like they think we have some ulterior motive to wearing an insulin pump. Want to know my motive? Staying alive.

You, first, must take off your shoes and all that (like everyone else), but then must empty your supplies from your carry on. Then you must go through the scanner, then it beeps. Of course...because you're wearing a freakin insulin pump! I told you that BEFORE you made me walk through it, so why wouldn't it beep. Now everyone is staring at you because you set off the alarm. You then get the choice whether to go to a private room or be patted down in public. Why waste the time of going in private...just do it. So they pat you down for about three minutes. Then they must proceed to check your body, insulin pump, and hands with the wand thing to make sure there are no other chemicals in it or on you. Sorry I need insulin to live.

I understand why it must be done, just is a little frustrating and makes traveling a little more complicated. I even carry a note from my doctor stating I am diabetic just in case anyone gives me any trouble. Usually they are pretty understanding. I am done ranting about airport security and insulin now.

Goodnight.
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment