Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Show Me How You Burlesque

Okay so I know my last post was mostly non-diabetic, but I need another break. I have had a rough couple days and I need some happy in my day! SO, on that note I will be talking about Burlesque, my new favorite movie. I could probably recite the entire thing if prompted. Christina Aguilera and Cher are a great pair in this movie. It is so amazing to hear these awesome voices throughout the film. I am going to talk about my three favorite songs of the movie. But I promise I'll tie it in to diabetes in the end.


pearl outfit
#3: A Guy Who Takes His Time: Ally, played by Christina Aguilera, is dressed in a costume made of nothing but pearls. So awesome! The music is funny and the choreography is awesome! The song is about a girl who simply wants to meet a guy who's "arriving in low" and "takes his time".






#2: You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me: Tess, played by Cher, sings this amazing song standing all alone on a stage...just her, a chair, and the music. It is so inspirational. Every time I feel like I have failed or am heading downward, I listen to this song. The lyrics, "I've been brought down to my knees and I've been pushed way past the point of breaking, but I can't take it. I'll be back, back on my feet. This is far from over. You haven't seen the last of me" are awesome! I mean what says "hey everything is going to be okay" more than that!



#1: Bound To You: Ally, played by Christina Aguilera, sings this song in a lime green strapless gown. Gorgeous much?! This song touches me personally because every time I hear it, I think of my amazing boyfriend Andrew. I'm just going to leave you with the lyrics...you'll get it. "I've found a man I can trust and boy I believe in us. I am terrified to love for the first time. Can't you see that I'm bound in chains and finally found my way. I am bound to you". I love you Andrew. Forever and always. Amen ;)



My tie in to diabetes...I wonder how these girls would wear all of these skimpy costumes if they had an insulin pump? I mean there's not really anywhere to hide it in a see-through pearl costume or a little bustier...anyways...I bet they aren't diabetic so it doesn't matter. I guess I'll just have to give up my dream of being a club dancer haha


So, if you haven't seen the movie yet...DO IT! It is filled with sexy dances, awesome costumes, and singing! Oh and a super sexy guy that ends up naked. Go on girls...check it out. Welcome Famous Amos cookies!

Goodnight
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment