Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love Don't Cost A Thing

I have decided to dedicate this post to my amazing boyfriend Andrew. :) Because truthfully, without him I would be doing a lot worse. There is nothing more important in a diabetic's life than support, because without support they do not have the motivation nor the courage to take care of themselves properly. Some may argue that insulin may be the most important, but what good is insulin if you do not use it correctly. I have had my setbacks in which I did not take care of myself to my best ability...well...mainly because I just got fed up. This disease isn't fair and it isn't easy...and sometimes I just want to give up, but I see those beautiful eyes staring back at me saying please take care of yourself, do it for me...and I simply cannot refuse. I know there are probably things I could be doing better, but I am doing A LOT better than I was before he came back into my life.

Yes, I said back into my life. A quick update on how we met, our history, all that jazz. We met at the campground both of our families camped at when I was eleven years old and he was thirteen. We have been best friends ever since then. Yes, we have had our fights and periods where we didn't talk as much, but we always came back to each other. We tried dating a few times, but never got to that point for reasons I won't discuss on here because honestly they don't matter. We are together now. During my last relationship, Andrew made it clear to me that he was in love with me and wouldn't back off until I was his...and that he did. He pushed his way in there and after a short period of time following my break up, there he was...back in my life again. :) We began dating (finally) on October 10, 2010 (yes that is 10.10.10). I know cute, right! Anyways, he is the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with. No one has ever treated me as good as he does. I am so lucky to have him (and his WONDERFUL family) in my life and I never want to let them go.

Now, back to diabetes. Like I said, without him my diabetes care would be down the drain and I truly believe this. Sometimes I get sick of having to check my sugar or change my site, so what does Andrew do? He does it for me...and I cannot be more thankful. He has learned everything there is to know about diabetes and taking care of me...and that he does VERY well. So, with that being said...the greatest thing in a diabetic's life is the love of those around them. Whether it be a friend, family member, or significant other...their help is a necessity. Diabetic supplies get pretty pricey, but their love and support is free.

Goodnight
-Ash

2 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, I have had diabetes for 12 years, my diabetes has never been better and I noticed the change when I started dating my boyfriend. Not saying all diabetics need a significant other, but I'm noticing if there is something that keeps us positive, or something to "live for" something to inspire us to work at it, we do better, Happiness really is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does help if you have someone to live for

    ReplyDelete